Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Film: BUDDY - The Amazing Pack Rat

Film Title: BUDDY - The Amazing Pack Rat

Award Designation: Love Unlimited Film Festival & Art Exhibition Award Winner.

Director: Bonnie Norton

Cast: Buddy Pack (Lead Actor)

Country: USA

Category: Short Film

Short Synopsis: Buddy - The Amazing Pack Rat is the wonderful story about a pack rat who is released into the wild by lifelong animal lover, Bonnie... but Buddy has other plans.


More Information:

Resume:

Bonnie Norton: Cinematographer/DP, Director, Editor, Print Return, Print Shipper, Producer, Publicist, Sound Editor, Story, Submission Contact, Writer. Bonnie originally took screenwriting classes and attended writer’s conferences with the goal of being involved in the production of her feature screenplay, KEIKO SPEAKS.

Then, in the summer of 2010 Buddy came into her life. With the amazing footage of Buddy’s interactions and their exceptional friendship, Bonnie realized the best way to share his story was to make a short film and submit it to film festivals.

As one of 157 entries, BUDDY – THE AMAZING PACK RAT has already qualified as a finalist in the New Jersey 2011 U.S. Super 8mm Film Festival and will be screened on February 19th. Bonnie has also entered her short film in and plans to attend several film festivals in the LA area this March and April.

As a lifetime animal advocate with the goal of encouraging people to open their hearts to animals, she also hopes to meet other animal activists in the film industry who may be interested in producing a unique, high-concept feature film about animals. Bonnie has devoted the last ten years to developing this screenplay based on her life story rights. Norton says, “While I don’t expect nor intend to direct or film this high-budget feature, I am looking to meet interested, like-minded people in the industry who share my vision of this powerful story that needs to be told.”

Director Statement:
Being an animal lover, I sometimes use my camcorder to film the release of my resident pack rats. After much regret for not filming Buddy’s first release, I filmed all future releases which include Buddy sprinting to my car four times to hitch a ride back home!

Initially, I explored the procedure for submitting Buddy’s amazing “car” footage to America’s Funniest Video’s, but soon learned I would have to forfeit all rights to the footage – even if it is never aired.

I continued filming my experiences with Buddy purely out of my love for animals. I never had any thought or intention of making a short film so I didn’t use a tripod or take any of those extra shots that come in so handy during editing. As our relationship developed and Buddy continued doing remarkable things, I began feeling there was a reason I was so blessed with his special friendship… and that there must be a bigger purpose for Buddy having come to me.

While in Bend, Oregon in October 2010, I volunteered at the Bend Film Festival. As I watched a number of short films it became clear that this is the perfect way to share Buddy’s story. I attended every workshop possible and was told that yes, it is possible to make an 8mm into a film festival contender. My first goal was to submit Buddy’s short to the 2011 U.S. Super 8mm Film Festival in New Jersey by the mid-January deadline.

Not having a Mac computer, I persuaded my father to let me use his credit card to charge an iMac and Final Cut Express. They were delivered the day before Christmas and with help from Eastern Oregon University grad student Tim Mustoe and sophomore Caleb Bryant, I worked night and day to make the best possible short film. “Buddy – The Amazing Pack Rat” qualified as a finalist (out of 157 entries) for the U.S. Super 8mm Film Festival and will be screened on Saturday, February 19th.

Everyone – even the occasional person who isn’t so sure they want to hear my “pack rat” story – opens their heart when I share Buddy’s story. I believe people will love even more watching this rare or never-before-seen footage of a beautiful relationship between a wild pack rat and a human.”

News & Reviews
http://www.njfilmfest.com/super8.html

Official Website
Click the link to open an official Website for this project that is sanctioned by the filmmakers.
http://www.buddytheamazingpackrat.com


This website, www.LoveUnlimitedAwardWinners.org, is dedicated to highlighting and announcing the film, art and script award winners of the most recent Love Unlimited Film Festival & Art Exhibition, an annual international event promoting film, arts and scripts. To visit the official website of the Love Unlimited Film Festival and Art Exhibition please visit here: www.LoveAndDiversity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment